Prior to setting up email, create a pop-up template.
To setup email on pop-up submission to abandoned cart email —
- Log into TargetBay’s dashboard by entering the right credentials
- Now, click ‘Messages’ on the left-side menu.
3. Under Messages, there are two options: Templates and Workflow. Click ‘Workflow’ and wait till the page loads. Now, click ‘Create Message Workflow’.
4. In basic details, assign a name for the workflow and select ‘First time user’.
5. In Targeting, select the Abandoned cart popup template that you have already created and select ‘Send Email’. Now, choose ‘Abandoned cart’ from the drop box. Only then, abandoned cart pop-up email trigger will be created.
6. Under Events, choose ‘Total Items in cart’, ‘Greater than’ for Operator and ‘0’ for Value. This setting will work even if customer atleast has one item in cart. To add more conditions, click ‘+’ and add.
7. Under ‘When to show’ section, choose ‘Enable leave intent targeting’.
8. It is recommended not to change the Page URL settings. By default, it will show the cart page.
9. For Time of Day, choose the time zone as per your requirement.
10. In Pop-up session, select ‘Once in a Session’ and for Settings Priority, choose ‘High’.
11. Select date range and click ‘Save’, ‘Save & Close’ or ‘Publish’.
12. Once done, go to email triggers, check for abandoned cart pop-up email triggers.
13. Click on Abandoned Cart Pop-up and verify whether the Event is ‘Abandoned Cart’, Templates is ‘Abandoned cart’ and Trigger time ‘1 hour’.
To know more about setting up workflow, check Message workflow section here.