To thank customers and request them to follow up on social media or any other follow up reasons, we avdise on sending Post-purchase email.
To setup Post-purchase Email Trigger —
- Log into TargetBay’s dashboard by entering the right credentials.
- Now click Email on the left-side menu.
3. Under Email, there are two options: Templates and Email triggers. Click Email triggers.
4. Click ‘Create Trigger’.
5. Scroll down and choose ‘Post Purchase’ and click ‘Next’ located at the bottom-right corner.
6. Now assign a name for the Email Trigger. By default, it is ‘Post Purchase’
7. Choose the date from when you need the Post Purchase emails to be sent to the customer. It is recommended not to choose the end date. Then, click ‘Next’.
8. Select either ‘Send to all subscribers’ or ‘Let me choose users’ from the dropdown box. It is recommended to choose ‘Loyal Customers’ and ‘Repeat Customers’ for Post Purchase emails.
9. Choose the date from when you need the Emails to be sent to the customer. It is recommended not to select End date for Post Purchase triggers since it should be a repetitive and continuous event. Click ‘Next’.
10. In the Create Workflow sections, by default, three columns are provided. The first column consists of Workflow name, user type choices and date. The second column includes three parameters: Event name, operator and value. The third column has the field template and trigger time.
In Column 1 (left), the workflow name will be ‘Post Purchase’ by default, user type will be ‘Loyal Customers – Who has made more than 4 orders and average order value > average site value’. Select ‘Segment users’ if you have created one.
By default, the start date will be the current date. It is recommended not to select End date for Post Purchase triggers since it should be a repetitive and continuous event.
In Column 2 (middle), the event should be ‘Post Purchase’, operator will be ‘Equal’ and value should be ‘Yes’.
In Column 3 (right), the template selected should be ‘Post-Purchase Email’ and the recommended trigger time is ‘1 Day’.
For Follow up emails, click the small ‘+’ symbol and Follow up (Level 1) will pop up automatically. We recommend the first Follow up to be ‘Conversion’ condition. For Conversion – Yes, choose ‘No action’ and for Conversion – No, choose Abandoned Cart – Follow up template and ‘1 Week’ for trigger time.
Click ‘+’ to send ‘Follow up’ emails. The trigger time should be more than ‘1 Day’ for consecutive follow ups.
11. Once done, go back to Email Triggers section and check the created Post Purchase trigger.